January 5, 2012

Wholly Smokes - Tampa, FL

I pulled up to this place and immediately smelled the smoke.  Mmmmmmmm.

I ordered a turkey platter with two sides; mac & cheese and beans. The meal came with two slices of garlic bread. The beans were fantastic. Sweet and smokey with bits of meat in them. The Mac and cheese was homemade and had the perfect texture. I was in love.

The turkey had a perfect amount of smoke flavor. I ordered it sliced ($8.95 platter) and my chopped beef sandwich ($5.95).

They offered two sauces. One mild and one hot.  The "hot" bbq sauce wasn't really too spicy, so don't be afraid to try it.

The beef was a little dry but I still enjoyed the sandwich. It wasn't brisket, that's for sure.

I really didn't even need sauce for the turkey.  It was that juicy.


The interior is pretty standard for a BBQ joint.  A lot of dark colors, wood paneling, and it smells great.  When you walk in the door the counter is directly to the left.  Behind the counter is the pit with racks of meat at different levels.

The oak wood flavor is fantastic.

Wholly Smokes is a must if you love barbeque and are in Tampa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment