January 30, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI Party

Super Bowl Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year.  The Super Bowl is my second-favorite sporting event as a sports fan; second to NCAA Basketball March Madness. 

Here are a couple of Super Bowl Sunday facts.

  1. 14,500 tons of chips are consumed.
  2. 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed.
  3. The most popular choices of takeout or delivery items on Super Bowl Sunday are pizza, chicken wings and subs or sandwiches.
  4. The average number of people at a Super Bowl party is 17.
Here's an even better fact: My smoker will be purring come Super Bowl Sunday, as it always does.

One of my best friends loves wings.  So do most Super Bowl party attendees.  Those will be on the menu once again.  On New Year's Eve, I made many wings to go along with a homemade spicy sauce that had just a little too much bite for some of the party people.  To ensure the crowd is satisfied for the big game, I will be going with a sweet, runny barbeque sauce.  I haven't finalized all of the details for the sauce.  But as soon as I make the sauce, I will list the recipe for it. 

What better to accompany smoked wings than MOINK balls?  MOINK balls are typically frozen beef (MOO) meatballs wrapped in bacon (OINK) that are smoked. MOO+OINK= MOINK.  I, personally, don't eat the cheap meatballs.  So, I make homemade meatballs and wrap in center-cut bacon before putting them over the beautiful burning wood.  This allows me to prepare the meatballs the way I like and use any type of seasonings I am in the mood for.  These things are addicting and are usually a crowd-pleaser. 

This year's Super Bowl party will have about a dozen people.  I will be making roughly 80 wings and 30 MOINK balls.  Nothing like some good ol' 'que during a football game.

Stay tuned for these recipes and pictures.

Go Giants! (anybody but New England)

0 comments:

Post a Comment