January 5, 2012

Conway's BBQ - Marion, Ohio

I think I know good BBQ when I taste it.  And this place didn't deliver.

I looked through the menu and went with the "Choose 2" combo for $13.99. I ordered the brisket and Carolina gobbler (turkey). The meal came with two sides so I went with  the mac-n-cheese and baked beans.

The restaurant has ample space but did not see many cars parked outside and saw 4-5 people in the establishment (only at the bar).  Oh yeah, the tap water here tastes really bad.  So I promptly asked for bottled water.
My brisket had good flavor but had tons of fat pieces in it.  Wasn't really edible...or enjoyable, if you want to put it that way.  What a pain in the ass to eat.  The turkey could have been a lot more moist, but this was totally edible.. Pink hue to meat it and great smoke flavor.

The beans were below average.  Both the beans and the mac n cheese definitely weren't home made. The cheese was too creamy and beans were too thick and very soft.  The mac n cheese needed some darn salt, too.

Sadly, I would not recommend this place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment